Friday, March 16, 2012

Growing up has to be one of the scariest things I have ever done. I'm learning to let go of things, figure out the true meaning of everything and not just rely on my parents, or other people to make things work out for me. I'm in charge of whether or not things are going as they should in my life. I decide where to go, what to do, how I want to spend my days. I don't have someone telling me what to do every day, I have the option to fail.. which honestly is an honor in and of itself. Having the option to fail, means that success is true success. You don't truly succeed at something if you hadn't even the opportunity to fail at it in the first place. That's the thing about high school- I secretly enjoy the ease of having teachers tell me what they expect out of me, it sets a bar... A bar that they know I can reach, if I put even just the tiniest bit of effort. But that isn't the real world. The real world is big, there aren't expectations set out in front of you, with a step by step guide on how to get there; and if you fail, there isn't someone giving you second, third, forth chances until you decide to actually try. But you can do anything. There aren't people telling you to do this, or to do that. I mean, obviously there are jobs and things that tie people down, but none the less, you are in charge of your own life. I am so confused why there are so many grown ups that haven't figured that out. They are letting their jobs, their friends, their enemies, their cravings... all these random things, decide how they feel, what they want, and what they ultimately do. It's like they don't realize how much power they have over their lives! If you want to do something, do it. If you want to be happy, be happy. If you want to become friends with someone, go after them. If you want to experience new things, go outside the box. Don't just sit on the computer all day and be led by every which way that pulls you. Dream up dreams and chase them; and once you have a dream, don't just sit there! You are in charge of your life. If you aren't happy, change things up. Try something new, think happy thoughts. Life is so exciting and fun if you make it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment